Friday, February 22, 2008

Anyone want to come visit?? ... I can pull you around in the dead cart?

Hey, it's only been about a month ... see I'm not doing so terrible. I figured I give some clinic updates.

FOOD ANIMAL MEDICINE AND SUGERY : Rotation #1

Food animal was my first rotation in pretending to be a doctor. The late fall early winter as it were is not a very busy time for production animals and thus I and my fellow students were pretty bored most days. At this time I will reference a photograph:



Photo One: The guys have the brilliant plan to practice roping ... a highly sought after skill in veterinary medicine ... okay not really but a good way to kill time.



Photo Two: This is just not challenging enough ... let's make our calf (the lovely red trash can) a moving target. BRING OUT THE DEAD CART!!

Side note ... most all of you are not familiar with the "Dead Cart" as it is so lovingly called at the hospital. Vocab time:

The Dead Cart (n.) 1) a slang term used around the UMC-CVM VMTH which refers to a medium sized rolling wagon with yellow grating. This device serves a primary function of hauling dead things around the hospital most commonly animals such as goats, sheep, and large dogs which are two large or heavy to carry from the hospital to the incinerator or necropsy freezer but not so large they require the use of the forklift. 2) A hauling cart available at your local garden store

Back to roping ... ladies ...



Photo Three: Autumn takes to the learning process



Photo Four: Score one for Autumn!



Photo Five: Score one for me too!!!

BOO YA!

Yeah, I basically rock.

To follow: Rotation #2 ... Pathology
(The anticipation must be killing you!)
~~k, if you didn't get that pun then it goes to show you how big a dork I really am ~~

1 comment:

Megan said...

I wish the school of social work had a dead cart. However, if we had one of those, that'd mean we'd most likely be carting around the homeless, or other vulnerable populations. It would not be pretty, not to mention unethical.