Sunday, October 12, 2008

Can I just sleep in my car?

So as few know I am currently in Oregon for an elective course to further my education in sports medicine. As a favor to me before I left the program coordinator sent out an email to the entire college of vet med trying to see if anyone had a place for me to crash for the week. I only had one replay which was fine ... I thought.

Here was my initial message from my would be temporary roommate:

>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I have a comfy couch you could sleep on, I have 4 cats, dog and a
>>> rabbit. I am taking the same class too. Just an option if you need it.
>>>
>>> -Julie*

(Names have been changed to protect those guilty of hoarding)

The whole 4 cat thing should have been a tip off...

So I have just recently arrived in my new pad ... and I'm blown away ... I should have turned away as soon as I say the orange VW Bus (which ordinarily I would have thought quite nifty but not under the circumstances).

The place is ridiculous. I have attached a link to photos that I have taken just before going to "bed" Highlights of the photos? The double take on the mantel FULL of cats; holy shit ... things that cannot be appreciated is the porch with the couch that would be impossible to sit on because there is not only so much crap piled on it but also in front of it that you would be able to get to it if you wanted to; and the bathroom that is literally falling off of the back of the house. (just hope I don't go tumbling down the steep hill that is the bathroom floor and end up hurting myself.

So now (due to muscle spasms from a very long car ride) I have taken a muscle relaxer. I am not sure if it is the drugs or my current situation, (or maybe a bit of both) but I may start crying.

If it weren't so cold my rental car would be looking mighty fine right now.





Check it out
.

The question is: can I survive 5 days of this? I'm thinking no ...

(apparently the link is tempramental):
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1AZOGzdy0YsWFX

1 comment:

Megan said...

Okay, PLEASE fix your photo link, b/c I want to see these photos! The one picture of the cat mantel is enough to assume this place is evil. Please make it the five days, I wish to see you again. At least it's free...right?