Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I can take your balls ... beware!

BIG BOY???

NOT ANY MORE!!!


So this Sunday (I know it's a bit belated) I preformed my first surgery. It was an elective surgury, but hey it was surgery. I cut, I chopped, I sutured, you name it, start to finish it was all me. For those of you who know, I went to the Spay & Neuter Clinic this last weekendin KC. Due to the large volume of dogs and cats (since the passing of the lovely no pit bull law in KCK) I actually got to preform some surgery which is usually reserved for the 3rd and 4th year students. So, woot. I did a fine dog castration on "Big Boy" a mean tempered pit bull.
It actually wasn't as exciting as I would have hoped. Not much to it really. Though I did recieve such complements as "wow, you're so at ease with it .... I would be shaking so bad" and "you have really good suture knots". So perhaps there is talent there for me. Who knows. I went to this for it's enlightenment potential for my decision making about Vet School. Not much help really. Anyway, thought I would share. So, if any of you need your balls cut off just let me know, I know how and am not too bad at it :0)




Snip Snip little buddy.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh me! Me! Wait a tick, I don't have balls. No snipping for you my friend! With your new found talent, you should rent Hard Candy(just came out last week) and see all the possibilities you now have with being able to take away balls.

Anonymous said...

haha ...after your handiwork, are they going to change his name to "little boy" now? Good work girl you should keep his balls in a jar, as a souvenir of your first castration lol