Monday, October 31, 2005

"Blue Balls are Hard to Come By" and be weary of the white sauce.

The Halloween Weekend conclusion:

As a continuation of my previous post I decided to entitle this blog with a quote given in response to the previous blog entry; "Blue balls are hard to come by", indeed; though, in this persons case 20ft ladders aren't. For future reference if you should happen to find a 20ft ladder at 1am while walking home from a bar, think twice before burgling it. You never know who might be watching or who might trip over it as it lays sprawled across the living room floor. Lesson here learned.

Another lesson for the evening: Be weary of the white sauce. Now as I attended a fine and reasonably priced Italian restaurant for dinner I initiated by scoping out the menu. A wonderful selection entitled Chicken Crepes Florentine, caught my attention. A scrumptious description entailed the now infamous "white sauce". Now, I wasn't so presumptuous as to assume this was Alfredo, but I was imagining a white cream sauce of sorts. This is (as foresight must have already hinted at) not what I received. In the opinion of three taste testers it was determined that the sauce contained whipped eggwhites and possibly a little bit of sourcream and it had the consistency of something between meringue and gravy. Now, anyone who knows of my obsessive compulsive disorder when in comes to food or was present for the great corn incident of '05 understands that even after scraping all of the 'white sauce' off of what would have been a perfectly delightful set of crepes why I had completely lost my appetite and how it was taking every ounce of my being not to hyperventilate. Needless to say I ended up paying $17 for a cup of minestrone soup and the complementary bread. 2nd lesson: Don't eat the white sause until you know what's in it/always ask.

Though my evening was off to a rough start the pub crawl was good times and ultimately my night made up for the bad food and then some. Thank you to those responsible for a most fulfilling evening. So that's my Halloween... tonight ... Agenda: Hide from trick-or-treaters. Since I have no treats to give I've decided not to put the effort into turning tricks all night long. Me and B are going to rent movies, drink wine, and hope my pager doesn't go off.

Later chitlins!

On the left we have "The Cushion for the Pushin".
And for added inappropriateness the back declairs "Stick It In Me".

1 comment:

M. Gants v4.0 said...

What a funny costume...I hope people didn't try to put too many weird foreign objects "in you" on Halloween...or maybe that was the point?