Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I think an RIP is in order


So I took my computer to university hospital (aka IT services) and I think they are actually managing to recover my very septic computer from it's failing health. To add the irony that must come with anything I try to do. My screen is now failing. It is flickering in and out of conciousness and all hopes look lost. So I should be able to harvest all my info from the hard drive before it crashes for good and donate it to a new computer which would be fine if there were a computer to transplant the information to. So sad and tragic, I do not have the money to save my current computer which would cost more than it would be to just buy a new computer.

So I guess it comes down to this. Do I euthanize my current notebook of fun and wait till I can afford to buy myself a newer cuter more lively notebook or do I hook it up to a lifesupport monitor and hope for the best? I know it's been a fun four years computer, but I think it's just your time, it's just your time, and I'd hate for you to have to suffer through this. And worse, I'd hate for me to have to suffer through this even more.

So, so long black box of fun. It's been real.

Best I could do in 10 minutes, rough but I think the realism is breathtaking..

No comments: